Release Notes for Revision 8
OF Team | September 1, 2022
Please make sure to use the "Update" command on the latest version of oftoast in order to upgrade your game files.
*SERVER OWNERS*: Please ensure you delete
libstdc++.so from your
sdk2013/bin folder!! We have upgraded our codebase and that binary is now obselete.
- Fixed several server-crashing exploits.
- Updated mapcycle_default.txt & mapcycle.txt.
- Fixed oil_door_002 textures.
- Disabled sapper for TFC Spy.
- Disabled double jump for TFC Scout.
- Updated loading tips.
- Fixed scoreboard on team-based gamemodes.
- DisableBoneFollowers is set to true by default in the fgd now.
- Incompatible servers now no longer show in the server list (Make sure you update your servers!).
- Updated default configs to use higher rates.
- Updated game icon.
- Cleaned up some debug messages.
- Updated sv_showhitboxes note.
- Added of_fix_random_fall_damage cvar (Default is 1).
- Fixed First Person animation particles not always getting cleared.
- Added announcer "Louie Ficknit" from Tomb Fetus, voiced by Jonathan "Stachekip" Biondi.
- Added announcer "Vigilante" from Fistful of Frags, voiced by Gianni Matragrano.
- Announcer packs can now be loaded by adding script entries into scripts/announcers.
- Makes creating custom announcer packs easier and compatible with one another.
- Official announcers have been moved onto this system (you can use them as a reference).
- Updated weapon switch HUD:
- Now displays weapon subcategories from left to right.
- Old right to left system can be enabled via of_old_subweapon_select.
- Subcategories exceeding 4 weapons now get moved into multiple rows.
- Added of_weaponswitch_show_binds, when enabled, weapon switch hud shows your bindings rather than 1-9.
- Fixed of_showtargetid.
- Updated kill icons.
- Quake-style crosshairs added.
- Added missing music to game_sounds_music.txt.
- Updated Pirate set and added new puffless jacket.
- Updated background05 (by blamo and folvaen).
- Invis powerup no longer uses Merc color in DM.
- General performance improvements.
- Votekicking now properly bans player on disconnect.
- Fixed domination/nemesis medals on scoreboard.
- Added new cosmetics:
- Detective set (hat, trench coat).
- Ninja set (hood, gi, gloves).
- Samurai set (kabuto, menpo).
- Updated buff arms cosmetic.
- Added player spray muting command:
- Updated advanced options to include more commands.
- Added server cvar "net_chan_proctime_limit_ms", to control the amount of time clients are allowed to make the server spend processing their network packets, per tick.
- Added SteamID spoofing prevention.
- Updated revolver animations.
- Updated Tommy Gun animations.
- Updated Railgun animations.
- Updated China Lake animations and textures.
- Softzoom added for flamethrower.
- Chainsaw now has a working idle sound.
- Railgun will not slow down Merc when he scopes in.
- Fixed Gatling Gun Secondary Fire Bugs.
- Potentially fixed Quad launcher laser guiding.
- Tweaked crit effect for AR & dynamite bundle.
- Lightning Gun no longer uses bounding box.
- DM Flamethrower firerate has been restored to stock amount.
- DM Flamethrower now is called "tf_weapon_flamethrower_mercenary" and TF2's flamethrower is now once again "tf_weapon_flamethrower". [Mappers will need to update their maps to fix this]
dm_casino_dev, duel_geoteknik, dm_acrophobopolis_dev, duel_frostbyte_dev, duel_salvage_dev, mctf_pagoda_dev, dm_mannworks, duel_adrift, mdom_pagoda_dev, mdom_badworks_dev, mdom_wiseau, mdom_reservoir, dm_painhouse
- Updated spawners to use correct weapons.
- Added thumbnail.
- Restored to the correct version.
- Fixed missing clipping near rock.
- Shortened player clipping near a rooftop.
- Fixed a broken sign.
- Updated render distance for a rock.
- Fixed an issue with several props disappearing while still in sight.
- Reduced clipping of rooftop (houses flamethrower) to prevent colliding while attempting to blast jump or bunny hop.
- Small optimizations.
- Removed "dev" suffix from dm_cargo.bsp.
- Updated out-of-bounds and skybox detailing.
- Added proper waiting and intro music using a new version of Sneaky Stalker.
- Added menu photos.
- Added map description.
- Updated art pass for second floor breakroom area.
- Updated exterior art pass for out-of-bounds areas.
- Implemented 3D skybox with help from Mac, still a heavy work-in-progress.
- Moved the Lena graffiti to outside the playable area.
- Minor clipping updates.
- Minor out-of-bounds detailing updates.
- Reverted the large health kit back to mega health.
- Optimized the entire map.
- Added the lobster waiting music into sounds_music.
- Kritz and speed powerup now last 30 seconds each.
- Added some small health kits in areas devoid of any health.
- Adjusted some details (mostly from changing geo to help optimize).
- Added some particles.
- Added some details.
- Made some areas brighter.
- Added clipping on the curbs that were lacking it.
- Fixed wrong render fx on speed powerup.
- Redone all the visuals.
- Redone a lot of clipping.
- Added loading screen.
- Added new thumbnail.
- Redone map photos.
- Redone art pass.
- Scaling fixes.
- Minor layout changes.
- Added more details to the map overall.
- Made top connecting hall way into a room.
- Improved soundscape.
- Aged the map some years.
- Connected blu and red spawn through teleporters.